I don’t know if I should be super excited about all these new military and aerospace technologies or be sad that I live in a country that’s using “stone-henge” technology. Really sickening.
Recently, Military & Aerospace Electronics and Intelligent Aerospace gave out awards to the best innovative technology and ideas in that field..
As a lover of science technology, I was super psyched reading about all the functionalities and specifications of these “Omini-gadgets”. They are actual gods compared to iPhone7 and macbook pro.
The award was categorized in 3 tiers(platinum, gold and silver).
Below is my summarized version of the first 5 platinum winners.
- The OmniView eye-tracking system from ISCAN Inc. : In simple English, this is exactly like attaching a camera lens directly on your pupil (not literally though). This special eye/face wear tracks the movement of your pupil and actually picks up exactly what you are looking at or seeing. Now some special set of humans can know exactly how I see them.
- GORE-FLIGHT 6 series microwave cable: In telecommunications, insertion loss is the loss of signal power resulting from the insertion of a device in a transmission line or optical fibre. In the military and aerospace world, signal mustn’t be lost from their surveillance and radar devices whatever the scenario is (upgrade, repair or integration of an extra gadget) and this new microwave cable is built for that. How cool.. not even a little blink.
- VeroVision from ChemImage Sensor Systems: This is a “bad news” technology for smugglers and terrorists as this portable short-wave infrared device can give a hyperspectral (it can get the spectrum of every pixel in an object image) image in real time. “BIG BROTHER” just got a better eye to watch. It’s super capable of detecting chemicals, explosives, drugs and whatever the “government” doesn’t want you to have and it does so in real-time (Before you actually blink).
- The NiCorAl coating: Special kind of paint, spray, coating for aluminium connectors that must operate in harsh conditions e.g salt spray. For those who know chrome6 and it’s non-compromise on corrosion, this bad boy is a better alternative as it give 500hours of corrosion resistance.
- VXWORKS 653 3.0: This is a power software/operating system for avionics (Avionics are the electronic systems used on aircraft, artificial satellites, and spacecraft. Avionic systems include communications, navigation, the display and management of multiple systems, and the hundreds of systems that are fitted to aircraft to perform individual functions). This super software is safety-critical as it enables fault containment (will continue to operate properly in the event of any failure) Total wow for that. It has a reduced size and a light kernel compared to existing similar softwares.
All these technology makes me think my arduino and Raspberry Pi are baby pacifiers.
Want to know more? Subscribe to my blog and get the FREE PDF (November issue of Military and Aerospace electronics journal). FREE because I’m a good god.